Effective date: 19 August 2022
1. What information do we collect?
- Photo and video information: When the cameras and microphones are activated on the glasses, we collect photo and video information, including the following:
- Photos and video recordings. You can use the glasses to take photographs and video recordings (with audio). You can then edit this content in the app. This content is stored on your glasses until it is uploaded to your app. We also collect metadata in or about the content, such as the date and time that you created the content.
- Metadata. We collect metadata in or about the content, such as the date and time you created the content, the type of content (i.e. a photo or a video recording) and technical information about your camera or other glasses sensors related to the content.
- Essential data is information needed to help keep the glasses and the app reliable, secure and operating normally. For example, we collect information to capture the success or failure of specific functions (including when you are pairing the glasses with the app) and to authenticate you (including when you sign in to the app with your Facebook account). In addition, similar to other devices or apps, when Facebook View experiences a crash or malfunctions, a log is sent to Facebook that includes information in use at the time of the crash event, such as the date and time of the crash and what features of the app you used immediately prior to the crash event.
- Additional data is information about how you use the glasses and the app, which we use primarily to improve the app and glasses, as described below. For example, we collect information such as the number of photos and videos captured, the time spent taking videos, the method you use to share photos and videos, and the average length of videos captured. If you choose to share additional data, it may be combined with the essential data. You can choose to share additional data during your initial setup or change your choice at any time in the settings. Learn more about additional data and your choice to share it with Facebook.
2. How do we use your information?
- Improve your experience. In addition to keeping Facebook View reliable and secure, we use additional data (subject to the choice you make) to improve and personalise your experience with Meta Products. For example, we use this data to evaluate the usefulness of the features we are developing, which enables us to decide what to build in order to offer. Learn more about additional data and your choice to share it with Meta.
3. How do we share your information?
4. How do we process information when you use our voice services?
This Section applies when our voice services, such as voice assistant, are available on Facebook View and you enable it.
- When you use our voice services, audio recordings and transcripts of your voice interactions, as well as data related to your voice interactions (such as the hardware version of your glasses and length of the audio related to your interaction) are processed to respond to your requests. Voice interactions are things you say when using our voice services, including when voice services are mistakenly invoked, as well as any background sound that can be heard once voice services are enabled.
- Depending on your preferences in Settings, we may also store and process information about your voice interactions to help our voice services such as by helping our voice services to better understand and respond more accurately to a wide rang of speech patterns and phrases over time. You can manage voice storage to improve our voice services in your Settings. You can also access and delete stored voice information in your Settings or in your Facebook Information. When voice storage for product improvement is enabled, we use machine learning and trained reviewers to process information about your voice interactions to improve, troubleshoot and train our voice services, and we share that information with third-party vendors and service providers for product improvement.
- You can learn more about our voice services, including further details about what information we collect when you use our voice services and your choices over how we process that information, in the Voice Services FAQ.
5. How do Meta and Luxottica work together?
Luxottica Group S.p.A. ("Luxottica") is the manufacturer and distributor of the glasses and any information that you provide to Luxottica in connection with your purchase of the glasses is subject to Luxottica's terms and policies. We exchange information with Luxottica to manage your customer service requests; for example, Luxottica shares with us your name, email address and information about the issue you are experiencing, and we share with Luxottica information to help resolve the issue, such as steps to resolve a problem with your Facebook account. We also exchange aggregated information and insights with Luxottica relating to marketing, usage, sales and post-sale activities. Luxottica does not collect information directly from your use of the glasses and the app.